Thank you for your referral and allowing us to participate in the care of your patients.
If you are a UW Medicine Provider: Please place a referral via EPIC. Type in “Ref Rheum” and follow EPIC template.
If you are not a UW Medicine provider, we look forward to working with you to help your patients.
Due to the shortage of rheumatologists nationwide and the need to see inflammatory arthritis patients expediently, we are not able to accept new referrals for fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, chronic fatigue/hypermobility syndromes or non-specific musculoskeletal pain.
We review all referral requests and need information provided from you before we can accept the referral. This information also helps us determine the urgency.
Please provide the following information:
- Reason for consult: What is the question you want us to try to answer?
- Brief summary of work-up done to date
- Your pertinent chart notes and most recent comprehensive evaluation:
- Copy of pertinent records
- Lab copies: Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, CBC/DIFF, CRP/High Sensitivity, CCP, SED Rate, Rheumatoid Factor, ANA, other
- Chart notes from any outside rheumatologist
- Recent imaging/diagnostic testing results
This clinical information is crucial to allow us to assess appropriateness and urgency of the referral. The referral request cannot be evaluated until we have all of this information.
Fax referral and requested supporting information to The Seattle Arthritis Clinic at 206.668.6178, Attention: New Patient Referral Coordinator
If you have questions regarding your referral, please contact 206.668.6123.