| | |
Senior Services — information about food programs, opportunities to socialize and more.
Department of Social and Health Services — State administered programs for mental and physical health, caregiver support, financial aid and how to prevent and report elder abuse.
Washington Law Help — answers to legal questions about family, elder and healthcare law, as well as information about living wills and other important documents.
With so many choices and options, finding the right housing solution for seniors in need of care after their release from the hospital can sometimes be challenging and confusing. We’ve identified a number of resources that may be helpful to you and your family in making the transition from hospital care to a housing environment that meets your specific needs.
As you go through the process, here are a few tips to help you make the best decision:
- Get acquainted with the different types of senior housing.
- Talk over your options with a geriatric care manager or knowledgeable advisor.
- Consider what kinds of housing would serve your needs and preferences.
- Confirm that individual facilities offer the programs and services you’re looking for.
- Think realistically about home care services as a possible alternative.
- Visit facilities in person whenever possible, to assess their suitability.
- Check references. Ask to see the facility’s most recent inspection records and incident reports.
Retirement Homes — these retirement homes and communities also have skilled nursing facilities on-site.
Nursing Homes — Medicare and Medicaid nursing facilities in the following neighborhoods:
Assisted Living Facilities — facilities in the following neighborhoods
Adult Family Home Locator Services — these services can meet with you and assist you in finding housing options.
SNAP for Seniors — comprehensive, unbiased information about senior housing gathered from over 200 national, state and local data sources. Offers an extensive, searchable database of local and regional housing options, as well as detailed educational information and resources.