| | |
Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Center
The UW Medicine Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Center at Northwest Hospital comprehensively treats musculoskeletal, peripheral nerve and skin conditions, applying technological innovations and an advanced knowledge of therapies that yield the best outcomes.
We listen to your concerns and work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan and monitor your outcome. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to provide the most appropriate care for your needs. Our team includes specially trained, highly experienced orthopedic and plastic surgeons, rehabilitation medicine physicians and physical and occupational therapists. We also work closely with colleagues in rheumatology, neurology and other areas.
In treating acute and chronic conditions, injections and surgeries are often appropriate. Typically, however, we approach patients conservatively, considering exercise, improved body mechanics, physical therapy and medication first.
Our goal is to return you to full function and the activities you love: enjoying the outdoors, athletics, hobbies, family activities, travel and work.
Common conditions we treat include:
Common procedures we perform include:
- Fractures and problems resulting from injuries
- Tendon, ligament and joint problem
- Arthritis and loss of joint movement
- Nerve entrapments and injuries (i.e. Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, brachial plexus)
- Deformity and tumor surgery
We also offer diagnostic procedures, including:
- Arthroscopy (i.e. Minimally invasive wrist surgeries and endoscopic carpal tunnel release)
- Joint replacement reconstruction and revision surgeries
- Nerve injury repair and reconstruction surgery
- Releases of contractures and stiff joints
- Joint function recovery and rehabilitation
- Ultrasound for diagnosis and treatment
- Strength and functional testing
- Radiographs and CT scans
- MRI scans
If you are a new patient, please fill out the following forms and bring them with you to your first visit: