Pre-Operative Total Joint Replacement Class
Northwest Hospital can help you understand the path to total joint replacement success. If you’re planning total hip or knee surgery, we offer free pre-operative training for patients prior to their procedures. We recommend taking this class at least two weeks before your procedure and encourage family members or another support person to attend class with you.
- What to expect after surgery
- Overview of rehabilitation
- Physical /occupational therapy while hospitalized and following your procedure
- Equipment needs
- Precautions and limitations as you recover
- Home safety preparation
- How our Easy Street® environment can help so you’re ready for daily living activities after surgery
- Discharge needs
The class meets from 1 to 3 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month in Easy Street on Northwest Hospital’s main campus. Call 206-368-6032 for more information.