Northwest Hospital Geropsychiatric Center provides caring, supportive geropsychiatric care on two distinct inpatient units. Each patient participates in a treatment program individually designed to meet his or her needs.
You may be eligible for inpatient services if you are experiencing several of the following symptoms:
- Attempts or threats of suicide
- Loss of interest in regular activities
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Confusion, disorientation, memory changes
- Inability to care for self or home
- Abrupt changes in behavior
- Isolation and withdrawal from friends and family
- Inability to concentrate, sudden decrease in intellectual functioning
- Expresses feelings of helplessness and/or hopelessness
- Seeing or hearing things that no one else sees or hears
- Impaired understanding of reality
- Abuse of drugs, medications or alcohol
- Difficulty with impulse control
- Decrease in energy level
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Uncharacteristic anger, irritability or agitation
- Extended and extreme grief over a loss
Through a structured treatment plan of individual counseling, group therapy, medication management, activities, family education and support, our team works with patients to help them improve their social, physical and emotional functioning.
For more information about the Northwest Hospital Geropsychiatric, please call (206) 368-1747.