| | |
Individual Diabetes Instruction
Meet individually with a nurse diabetes educator to learn how to monitor your blood sugar or give yourself insulin. The class also includes instruction about gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy), if that is an issue for you. Appointments with a dietitian diabetes educator are also available upon request.
This program is designed to meet the specific needs of adults with Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, glucose intolerance and gestational diabetes.
Learn How to:
- Test your blood sugar at home
- Properly use and care for blood glucose monitoring equipment
- Give insulin safely and correctly
- Manage diabetes of pregnancy (gestational)
- Understand diabetes
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Prevent complications
- Understand the effects of medications and exercise on your diabetes
- $304.00 per person, per hour. Physician referral is required.
- Usually covered partially or fully by Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurances
with a physician referral. Check with your insurance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Diabetes Services at 206-368-1564.
Physician referral required - Referral