| | |
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, nonprofit medical facility located in North Seattle on North 115th Street, just off of I-5 at Northgate. The organization is dedicated to raising the health status of the community by providing personalized, quality care with compassion, dignity and respect.
Northwest Hospital offers technologically advanced medical, surgical, emergency and therapeutic services. Its outstanding staff of healthcare professionals is valued and recognized for promoting wellness through early detection and prevention, minimally invasive interventions and innovative clinical practices. From primary care to highly specialized care, Northwest Hospital provides everything patients need in an environment of care that is warm, comfortable, state-of-the-art and safe. In fact, numerous national healthcare ratings organizations, have consistently recognized Northwest Hospital year after year for clinical excellence and patient safety.
Northwest Hospital is noted as a leader in the treatment of a broad range of cancers. The hospital has also established preeminent cardiac care programs, including cardiology, cardiac diagnostic imaging, cardiac rehabilitation and cardiac surgery in partnership with the UW Medicine Regional Heart Center. Northwest Hospital is known for its award-winning neurosciences programs, including a comprehensive Level 1 primary stroke center and medical rehabilitation center. Extensive orthopedic services include a broad range of surgical procedures, a joint replacement program, sports medicine and physical therapy. Both inpatient and outpatient surgical services at Northwest Hospital prioritize minimally- and non-invasive techniques, including the use of the da Vinci Si Robotic Surgical System for gynecologic, cardiac and other procedures. The Seattle Breast Center at Northwest Hospital provides leading-edge breast health screening and imaging, board-certified breast radiologists and expert breast cancer diagnosis. Northwest Hospital also offers pioneering physical, occupational and speech language therapies in innovative rehabilitation environments including Easy Street, a full-scale replica of a city street that helps patients regain functional and cognitive skills. Northwest Hospital also serves as a vital source of community health education, focusing on prevention, early detection and assistance in finding treatment for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other chronic conditions.
Northwest Hospital continues to add new state-of-the-art facilities and services. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) opened a new radiation oncology center for adult patients at Northwest Hospital in Feb. 2011. In 2013, SCCA Proton Therapy, A ProCure Center, opened on campus. It is the only center of its kind in the Pacific Northwest and provides groundbreaking cancer treatment to adults and children.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center provides complete medical and surgical services in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Center for Medical Rehabilitation
Multiple Sclerosis Center
Physical, Occupational and Speech Language Therapies
Preventive Health & Wellness
Seattle Breast Center
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Therapy
Since 1960, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center has pioneered treatments and procedures that have become standards of care in our state and beyond.
- Pioneered radioactive seed implantation for prostate cancer
- Introduced labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum (LDRP) childbirth suites to the region
- Introduced the regionís first stereotactic biopsy equipment for breast cancer diagnosis
- Performed the first laparoscopic gall bladder surgery in the region
- Installed the first Gamma Knife in the region for noninvasive brain surgery
- Performed Washington Stateís first EsophyX™ noninvasive surgical procedure for reflux
- Built the regionís only Easy Street Environment for medical rehabilitation
Fiscal Year 2013 Statistics
||Admissions (including newborns):
|Emergency dept. visits:
||Emergency trauma center:
||Outpatient Medical Center:
Charity Care / Community Benefits
Northwest Hospital provided more than $40 million in charity care and community benefits in FY 2013.
Among its services to the community are:
- nwhospital.org provides patient-oriented information, class and event listings, education about health and medical issues, a searchable physician directory, hospital news, current job openings and more.
- The Physician Referral Line at 206.633.4636 or 800.633.4636 is a free, 24-hour hotline that provides referral to a Northwest Hospital & Medical Center healthcare provider that meets individual patient healthcare needs.
- The MedInfo newsletter features health-related information, patient stories, hospital news, and announcements about health-related classes and events.
- Uncompensated care ó Part of Northwest Hospitalís mission is to provide urgent medical care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
- A variety of educational programs and health screenings.
Creating Northwest Hospital was an idea conceived in the late 1940s. Residents of Seattleís North End community became concerned that in the event of a major disaster or nuclear attack, they would be cut off from the cityís hospitals, most of which were concentrated downtown. After years of intensive fundraising, Northwest Hospital opened its doors in 1960, and almost immediately began to develop its 33-acre campus with the addition of new facilities and services. Today, it is a full-service medical center, providing a critical resource for emergency, inpatient and outpatient care to the surrounding community. In 2010, Northwest Hospital became an entity of the UW Medicine health system and also celebrated its 50th anniversary.
For more information call the Marketing and Public Relations Department at 206-368-1645.