Careers in Nursing
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center provides an outstanding work environment for professional nursing. We believe it is critical to support excellence in clinical care through great onboarding programs, ongoing educational opportunities, specialty training and the opportunity to participate in committees and projects related to the nursing care we provide. We have a variety of clinical settings and positions now and will support your ongoing learning if your professional interests change in the future.
To view a list of current nursing openings, click here.
See below for more information on the benefits of a career in nursing at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center.
- New Graduate Nurse Residency (link to residency FAQ)
- Crossover to Acute Care Program for experienced nurses interested in acute care (link to crossover FAQ)
- WISH Simulation Center
- On site ACLS and BLS programs – either classroom or on line with clinical skill demonstration in our simulation center
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training available
- Many UW Medicine system opportunities such as Preceptor training, Med/Surg Certification Prep class and many more
- Active member of Obstetrics, Critical Care and Operating Room specialty training consortiums
- Multiple NWHMC sponsored projects and classes on a wide variety of classes
- A teaching facility with students at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Support from Clinical Informatics Educators to support effective use of our electronic medical record
- Multiple clinical committees and initiatives with active nursing participation
- Multiple advanced practice nurses in both Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Practitioner
- Paid education hours and/or continuing education tuition assistance
* Many of the NWHMC courses have continuing education credits
Want to become a Registered Nurse? Visit http://www.discovernursing.com/ to find out everything you need to know about becoming an RN.
Already in nursing school? We encourage nursing students to apply for positions in the hospital that will help them build the skills and gain exposure necessary to further their nursing careers.